About Leisure Marine
We Care About
From our formation way back in 1968 to the present, boating has been our only interest, from yachting to power-boating, from sales and servicing to marine education and training, we have been involved ONLY in boating for all those years and have earned our reputation as The Ultimate Boat Shop. After trading as The Boatyard under the family ownership of the Jones’s (Tony, Eileen and Phillip) for almost thirty years, first at the VaalDam and then in Midrand from 1995, ownership passed to Phillip Jones and his new business partner, Dave Singleton, owner of Leisure Boats, and the name changed to Leisure Marine. The range and diversity of boats available increased, and the quality of customer service continued at the very highest level confirming that, as Leisure Marine, We Care About Better Boating.
With a broad spread of world class dealerships, amongst which are Mercury and Mercruiser outboard and inboard marine power units, Suntracker pontoon party-barges, Supra and Moomba wake-surf ski craft together with other top imported and local agencies from bowriders to inflatables and specialised fishing and offshore boats, Leisure Marine has consolidated its unique brand of offering a broad range of new boats coupled with an enormous (average 120 boats) display and selection of quality ‘nearly-new‘ and ‘much-loved’ boats to satisfy every need and every price range, all available from the large premises on Lever Road in Midrand.
Still very much a family business, the company boasts a broad spread of experience (the owners and long term staff alone have a combined over 200 years in boating) and has built its enviable reputation as The Ultimate Boat Shop on continuing good service and reliable advice to both first time buyers and those who are looking to up-grade. Management of the company is now in the hands of a younger generation, who, together with a skilled and experienced team of technical and sales personnel, are continuing the tradition of service excellence whilst staying at the forefront of technical and environmental progress and safety on the water, are able to offer the very broadest range of craft to suit the most discerning buyer.
- Sales and procurement of new imported and locally manufactured boat, motor, trailer combinations to customer requirements
- Sales and service of Mercury marine motors
- Sales of used boats, motors, trailers
- Brokerage and commission sales on behalf of clients
- Supply of a wide range of boating accessories and electronics
- Supply of safety equipment to meet South African Maritime Safety Authority regulations.
- Service, repair and maintenance of powerboats and inflatables
- Certificate of Fitness (Seaworthy/Damworthy) inspections and Certificates
- Certificate of Competence (Skippers certificate) tuition and examination
- Finance and Marine insurance
- Full workshop repair facility.